It is a surprise to come across these three small brick buildings placed 100 metres apart inside a nature reserve.
Why is this interesting?
A clue to these buildings’ purpose is their position next to the Mugga Mugga quarry. Built in the 1950s, they housed up to 1800 kilos of explosives. Check the building structure with its ventilation to avoid any catastrophe.
This reserve has been used as farm land from the early 1830s, once being part of the Duntroon Estate. Since 2003 it has been maintained by the ACT Government.